Monday, September 22, 2008

A public pledge

In my last blog I underscore my appreciation of the article in Saturday's "The Record" entitled What are the issues?" Immediately below that piece was Andrew Hunt's excellent editorial, "Be thankful Canadian elections don't sink to the depths of American elections." Yet, at the same time, I fear American-style electioneering is dribbling into our electioneering. So I applaud the pieces by Lori Straus, Sarah McCob & Jen Kellett.

As a candidate in this federal election, be sure & challenge me in public debates, & throw these words back to me if I violate them in this campaign:

1). I will focus on the issues that you find highlighed on my website & in our party's platfom.

2). When I mention personalities I will do so only in terms of their relationship to the issues, such as their positions & how they stood by them or failed to do so.

3). I will do my best not to be diverted by side issues & will say so in publc debate.




Musings from the desk of Oz.
Visit my website at http://www.ozcole-arnal.ca

No comments: